A high-fibre fusion of soft chopped and pelleted fibre with a high oil content to promote condition without excitability.
Key Features of Cool, Condition & Shine
- A blend of chopped grass and soft straw with added grass and alfalfa pellets for interest
- High in oil to help build and maintain condition, provide slow release energy and promote healthy skin and coat shine
- High in fibre, supporting digestive health
- A broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals are included to provide a balanced diet for a horse or pony working up to moderate levels*
- Spearmint oil and a light molasses coating will tempt fussy feeders*When recommended levels are fed; no other supplements or balancers are required.
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding Cool, Condition & Shine
Dengie Cool, Condition & Shine is a complementary feeding stuff. As a nutritionally balanced feed it can be fed alongside forage when fed at the recommended quantity. Alternatively, it can be used as a chaff to bulk out balancers, supplements, mixes and cubes to increase chew time. It can be fed dry or dampened.
If using as a nutritionally balanced feed the feeding rate for a horse in light work is 500g per 100kg bodyweight. For horses in hard work or those that need more feed to gain weight we recommend Alfa-A Oil or Healthy Tummy.
How much to feed?
|Horse or pony
||Size Guide (hh)
||Approx Weight (kg)
||Bucket Feed per Day
|Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor)
||1kg or 2.5 scoops
|Large Pony (eg: Fell)
||1.5kg or 3.75 scoops
|Small Horse (eg: Arab)
||2kg or 5 scoops
|Medium Horse (eg: Thoroughbred)
||2.5kg or 6.25 scoops
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)
||3kg or 7.5 scoops
Feed 500g per 100kg of your horse's bodyweight. Fibre weighs very little compared to mixes or cubes. It is important to weigh your scoop to ensure that you are feeding the correct amount. A large Stubbs scoop holds approxiamtely 400grams.
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’