Fit, athletic horses are typically picky and therefore difficult to feed, so we’ve developed a high energy fibre feed that’s sure to encourage the fussiest of feeders.
The inclusion of grass, alongside nutrient rich alfalfa, provides a natural sweetness that’s complemented by a light molasses coating and added spearmint oil to offer a highly palatable, soft and easy to chew, high fibre feed.
- Performance Fibre is a straw-free formulation which means it is more digestible and cleaner than products containing straw – ideal for respiratory health
- Based on alfalfa which is a natural buffer to acidity – great for maintaining gastric health
- A great source of quality protein for top line and muscle tone
- Alfalfa is a rich source of natural vitamins and minerals that are easy for the horse to absorb
- Naturally low in starch and contains just 12% sugar, which is comparable to grass hay
- The high level of oil provides slow release energy and helps to create exceptional coat shine
A great value feed – a stubbs scoop weighs 300grams and so there are over 60 scoops per 20kgs bag – 33 days supply if feeding 2 scoops per day
The alfalfa and grasses in Performance Fibre are dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure Performance Fibre has a low dust content making it ideal for promoting respiratory health.
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony
||Size Guide (hh)
||Approx Weight (kg)
||Medium/Hard Work/Condition (kg/day)
||Forage Replacing (kg/day)
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)
||9 - 12.2
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)
||12.2 - 13.2
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)
||13.2 - 14.2
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)
||14.2 - 15.2
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)
||15.2 - 16.2
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)
One large Stubbs scoop = 300g
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’