For the older horse or pony showing signs of aging or weight loss, Sixteen Plus Mix is the muesli approved and fed by The Veteran Horse Society. Specifically formulated using international studies on the nutritional requirements of the older horse, Sixteen Plus Mix is the ideal solution for your veteran.
Sixteen Plus Mix is:
- High calorie to minimise and prevent against weight loss
- High fibre, high oil, low sugar and starch; therefore suitable for Cushingoids
- Packed full of MSM, Biotin, glucosamine and prebiotics
- Packed with our patented blend of veteran antioxidants for immune support
- Full of Quality protein to minimise muscle wastage (in conjunction with exercise)
- Very palatable and can be fed dampened if your horse is struggling to chew
If your horse shows signs of weight loss then firstly check his teeth and if necessary feed a forage replacer. An Annual Veterinary MOT is advised for all older horses.
- Crude Protein 13.0%
- Crude Oils and Fats 5.0%
- Crude Fibre 17.0%
- Crude Ash 8.5%
- Copper 35 mg/kg
- Sodium 0.4%
- Lysine 6 g/kg
- Vitamin A 13,000 iu/kg
- Vitamin D 1,300 iu/kg
- Vitamin E 345 mg/kg
- Est. Digestible Energy 11.0 MJ/Kg
Feed 800g/100kg bodyweight per day to horses and ponies. For example, feed a 200kg Pony 1.6kg per day and feed a 500kg Horse 4.0kg per day. Divide this quantity into as many small meals as possible.